Alcohol Awareness Month 2019 Empowers You
Gauge Your Own Alcohol Use During Alcohol Awareness Month
You might have suspected for a while that your drinking isn’t normal. Maybe you’ve been waking up and experiencing the shakes. You recognize them as withdrawal symptoms. Consider Alcohol Awareness Month in 2019 as an opportunity to connect with a rehab facility.
Ask questions about the treatment model. Because you know that quitting cold turkey rarely succeeds, you want assistance with detox and clinical care. Work with a facility that offers both at the same location. It makes treatment much more convenient.
After you finish detoxification, the rehab portion of treatment starts. For example, possible modalities you learn about during Alcohol Awareness Month 2019 include:
- Medication-assisted treatment that curbs cravings overall
- Cognitive behavioral therapy, which gives you the tools to change the way you respond to stressors
- Dual diagnosis care for depression or anxiety, which may have triggered alcohol abuse
- Experiential therapies that encourage self-esteem building as well as social skills development
- Psychotherapy as an opportunity to learn more about your ways of coping with stress, fear, and disappointment
Family therapy brings in loved ones. They learn how to assist you with your goal of recovery. Similarly, you may have to do some relationship mending. In cases of codependency, therapists help you begin the process of resolving the issue.