If you, like many people, have a couple of drinks to unwind or loosen up, you might wonder when drinking becomes a problem. A lot of people can enjoy alcohol responsibly. However, others fall into spiraling addiction. The right alcoholism treatment can help, if you or a loved one is willing to admit to the problem.
Do You Need Alcoholism Treatment?
You might be reluctant to use the term “addiction” or “alcoholism” when referring to your drinking habits. As a result, many who need alcoholism treatment don’t receive the help they require.
While alcohol addiction can result in a great loss, a lot of people appear to lead perfectly normal lives. Some look very successful and pulled-together from the outside. They could be high-functioning alcohol abusers who haven’t hit rock bottom.
If someone close to you has expressed concerns about your drinking, it’s worth taking note of that. Are you exhibiting any of these common signs of alcohol addiction?
- Once you start drinking, you find it impossible to stop. You might tell yourself beforehand that you’ll stop after two drinks, but you don’t.
- You make poor judgment calls when you drink, such as driving under the influence. This is dangerous and could be deadly, not only for you but for others as well.
- You plan activities around drinking. You might turn down invitations to alcohol-free functions because you don’t think you’ll have a good time.
- Your drinking has increased over time. Moreover, you need more alcohol to feel the same relaxing effects.
- You suffer debilitating hangovers often. You may have missed work or family obligations due to being too sick.
- If a loved one says your drinking is getting out of control, you get defensive or lash out in anger.
- You lie about how much you drink, or you drink in secret.
If any of these sounds like you, it’s possible you need alcoholism treatment.
Getting the Help You Need
As alcohol dependency grows, your brain chemistry changes. You’ll gradually get to the point where you can’t function without a drink. Unless you curb your drinking or get alcoholism treatment, you can begin to suffer serious problems. Your job, family, health, finances, and your legal situation could all be affected.
Instead of continuing down this destructive path, you can make a change today. Moreover, you can admit that you have an alcohol dependence. Once you acknowledge the problem, you’ve taken an important step toward getting better.
Comfortable, At-Home Feel for Recovery
Sober living can be a rewarding, fulfilling experience. You can put drug and alcohol addiction behind you with our help at Silver Pines Treatment Center.
We’re an addiction treatment facility that takes a holistic approach to recovery. At our center, you’ll experience the whole-body healing that includes your body, mind, and spirit.
We offer addiction treatment programs such as:
Silver Pines treatment center is nestled in secluded, wooded surroundings in northeastern Pennsylvania. Whether you’re enjoying healthy meals inside or taking peaceful hikes outdoors, your rehab experience can be life-changing.
Make a fresh start toward long-term sobriety. There’s a sober, healthy you just waiting to be discovered. Leave addiction behind, and take steps toward a brighter future. Contact us today at 267.719.8689 for more information.