What is Ketamine?
- Ketamine is similar in structure to phencyclidine (PCP), and it causes a trance-like state and a sense of disconnection from the environment
- It is a “club drug,” like ecstasy, and it is also a date-rape drug
- Ketamine should only be used as prescribed by a doctor
Can Ketamine Help Treat Depression?
Side Effects of Ketamine
But, what are the side effects of Ketamine abuse? In fact, several possible side effects come with using the drug:
- Drowsiness and behavioral changes
- Hallucinations, confusion, and delirium
- Agitation and difficulty thinking or learning
- Nausea and involuntary muscle movements and muscle stiffness
- Slurred speech & numbness
- Slow heartbeat