What is PTSD? And what are the symptoms?
So why is it important to engage in dual diagnosis treatment?
- Identifying the root causes of your substance use as well as your emotional suffering.
- You are allowing yourself to gain a deeper insight into the relationship between your addiction and your mental illness as well as the obstacles they each present to your healing.
- You’re working on identifying the skills to cope with distress without self medicating with drugs and alcohol.
- Your engaged in evidence based therapeutic practices allowing yourself the ability to identify your needs to live a healthy balanced life.
- You’re presented with the opportunity to build a healthy and positive recovery support in your life to utilize when you are feeling hopeless or just need to talk to someone with similar concerns.