Commonly Abused Drugs
Alcohol, prescription medications, over the counter drugs, and street drugs make up the majority of substances that people abuse. Both men and women fall victim to addiction. The government tracks drug use involving individuals as young as 12 years of age.
Drug Abuse Statistics Reveal Deadly Facts
How to Get Off Drugs
There’s no magic potion that will stop substance abuse. The disease model of addiction shows that it’s a chronic brain disease. Detox and drug rehab are the only ways to counteract the symptoms of substance abuse. Typical treatments include:
- Medically supervised detoxification breaks the physiological dependence on one or more drugs
- Evidence-based therapies provide one-on-one counseling that helps you recognize your reasons for using
- Family behavior therapy brings in loved ones to work through trigger situations and set the stage for relapse prevention at home
- Trauma treatment allows you to work through past experiences, which makes closure possible in the here and now
- Group therapyundoes the self-isolation many people using drugs impose on themselves
The best delivery method for these treatments is a residential stay at a facility. Doing so takes you out of your environment and removes you from trigger situations and negative peer groups. If you’re struggling with a substance abuse problem, or know someone who is, don’t become a statistic. Reach out for help by calling the Silver Pines Treatment Center at 267.719.8689 today.