Could a rehabilitation facility in the Youngstown area help you or a loved one beat addiction?
What Is Rehab For?
We’ve all heard of “rehab,” but what does this term actually mean?
Rehab consists of supervised intensive programs that are designed to assist people in quitting drugs or alcohol.
Individuals can go to rehab for addiction to:
- Prescription opioids & stimulants
- And more
Rehabilitation centers provide safe supervision and medical care both during and after withdrawal. Once detoxing is complete, mental health and addiction professionals help patients develop tools to maintain their sobriety after leaving the facility.
Is It Time to Go to Rehab?There is a distinct difference between dependence and addiction. Someone can be dependent on a substance and still go about their everyday lives; once they develop an addiction, however, their relationships and motivations begin to decline. An addiction begins to form when one’s lifestyle and situations are worsening because of a substance they use. Once it affects someone’s daily life, dependence becomes addiction. For example: if you’ve been meaning to quit drinking for a very long time but feel like you aren’t able to cut down, you might be starting to become addicted.
Signs of Abuse & AddictionHere are some more criteria that might determine if someone is addicted to drugs or alcohol; and, if so, how severe the problem is:
- Spending time & effort to get their substance of choice
- Developing cravings for their substance of choice
- Having a loss of interest in old passions and abandoning hobbies
- Putting oneself in dangerous scenarios
- Starting to have relationship and family issues
- Feeling a lack of control
- Increased tolerance
- Withdrawal after not using
- Experiencing changes in appetite
- Noticing changes in appearance
Choosing the Right Rehab for YouSo, now comes the time to start looking for rehabs in the Youngstown, OH area. But where do you begin? Ask yourself these important questions to narrow down your options:
- What type of treatment would I prefer? Outpatient? Residential? Specialty?
- What is my price range? Are centers near me covered by my insurance?
- What type of outlook toward recovery am I most interested in?